Suggestions are always welcome. Obviously this is not comprehensive, but these works will give you an excellent foundation in understanding the French and Indian War and its relationship to the American Revolution.
The books by Fred Anderson should be your first step.
The French and Indian War (North American Theater of the Seven Years War)
- The War That Made America: A Short History of the French and Indian War by Fred Anderson
- Crucible of War: The Seven Years’ War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766 by Fred Anderson
- A People’s Army by Fred Anderson
- The French and Indian War: Deciding the Fate of North America by Walter R. Borneman
- Breaking The Backcountry: The Seven Years’ War In Virginia And Pennsylvania 1754-1765 by Matthew C. Ward
- White Devil: A True Story of War, Savagery, and Vengeance in Colonial America by Stephen Brumwell
- The Seven Years’ War in North America: A Brief History with Documents by Timothy J. Shannon
The Seven Years War (European Theater of the French and Indian War)
- The Global Seven Years War 1754-1763: Britain and France in a Great Power Contest by Daniel A. Baugh
- The Seven Years War in Europe: 1756-1763 by Franz A.J. Szabo
- Prussia and the Seven Years’ War 1756-1763 by Johann Wilhelm Von Archenholz
- The Seven Years War and the Old Regime in France: The Economic and Financial Toll by James C. Riley